Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Clubs

Well it's been a while since I blogged much.  Not much has been going on in the modeling area of my life.

I joined the San Diego Society of N Scale at the San Diego Museum.  There are a few really nice folks down there.  Excellent layout to visit any day of the week while in San Diego.  Though a great club, the layout is complete and what little work that goes on is during the week when I can't get down there.  And when I can, its' a 3 hour round trip.  Too far in terms of time and gas.

I kept looking for a good club to join.  I stumbled on a club about 30 minutes north of me in the Hemet/San Jacinto area.  It's a dual HO/N modular club.  Nice folks, but I'm not looking for a modular club.

Found a very nice club for HO folks in Oceanside.  GREAT PEOPLE.  EXCELLENT Layout.  It the North County Model Rail Society.  NCMRS.org.  They are closed for the summer due to some construction, but normally they have open house on Saturdays between 10 and 3.

Which brings me to a club in Vista CA.  ShortTrackRR.  (http://www.shorttrackrr.org).  They started life as a modular club in San Diego and were around for many years.  I ran into them at the San Diego County Fair for several years where they were a paid exhibit.  7 or so years ago they moved a permanent building into the Antique Gas and Steam Engine Museum in Vista CA.  So they are about 6 years into the build out.  Still lots to do, lots to learn.  They welcome members of all skills.  From people like me, to experts.  With 2 members who are MMRs.

I've joined the Short Track RR group.  I'll get some picks of their layout soon and post.  It really is the best N Scale layout I've ever seen.  They have open house every Saturday from 9-1.  And are open extended days and hours during most of the special events at the Museum.

Well that's all for now. 

PS, check back soon (tomorrow).  I've finally been granted a train room by the CEO and will start posting about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment