Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Electrical - The plan

Well for those who are following the progress on the shed, I thank you for the time.
 
I finally found someone at Home Depot who was a full expert and knew exactly what I was trying to do here.  Turns out he had done something similar with his shed a few months back.  So with that I figured I'd show the electrical plan.
 
First on the out side of the shed will be a 4 breaker box with temporary pig tail installed. I'm specifically building this out so that when the time comes I can run the wire from my main panel, and just hook up to the box without tearing out walls, and layout.
 
The outlet plan below has 2 circuits.  One that runs to the heater and the AC units.  Wire for that will be 12/2 and will run direct.  The second circuit will run 14/2 wire to a pair of switches.  One switch to control power to the DCC power pack, and the second to run to the rest of the receptacles for other accessory power. 
 
 


Below is the plan for lighting.  One circuit for that.  I'll run 14/2 wire for that.  Again it will run to 2 switches.  One switch will control the work lighting.   Two florescent fixtures with T5 HO lights. I'll box the lights with fascia board.  The second switch will be dimmable and will control 5 LED light bars.
 
All the parts have been purchased and I should be able to start installation this week.  

1 comment:

  1. Question on NScale.net about the 14/2 wire and grounding. The wire is 14/2 w/ground and 12/2 w/ground wire. I wonder if the professionals just make up crap to confuse the neophytes.

    ReplyDelete